Stomach Cancer Treatment in Singapore
How is Stomach Cancer Treatment in Singapore Conducted?
G & L Surgical is a leading surgical clinic that provides gastric cancer treatment for patients in Singapore. We have a passionate and competent team that have had numerous years of experience in providing gastric cancer surgery in Singapore.
Endoscopic resection can treat early-stage cancers. Small cancers on the inner lining of the stomach can be removed using gastroscopy. Dr Ganesh passes an endoscope down your throat and into the stomach. Special tools are used to remove the cancer and surrounding tissue from the stomach lining.
During the gastric cancer procedure, also known as Gastrectomy, involves the removal of the part of the stomach affected with cancer or even the whole stomach. In the latter, the oesophagus is directly joined to the small intestine. This provides a passageway for food to move through the digestive system. This is the usual and most effective way to treat gastric cancer.
Lymph node removal is also performed at the same time to examine lymph nodes and check for cancer cells.
Why surgery for stomach cancer?
Surgery is the most effective method to manage stomach cancer for patients. This procedure is available at G & L Surgical in Singapore. Like many other tumours, surgery is the primary treatment for gastric cancer. This is especially effective in cases where the cancer is localised to the stomach and has not spread to other organs. Surgery can also be used to assess the chance of your cancer being cured, as well as the need for further treatment. Stomach cancer surgery in Singapore can be combined with other treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy for a more effective means of dealing with the disease
Why laparoscopic treatment?
Dr Ganesh operates via a keyhole surgery ,which involves a few small incisions opening. A laparoscope is placed through the incisions to view the operative area while other instruments are placed into the other incisions to perform the surgery. Dr Ganesh then removed he resected part of the stomach through a slightly larger incision.
Laparoscopic treatment is therefore minimally invasive with less scarring and faster recovery time. This means you will be able to resume daily activities in a shorter time
What to expect?
Learn more about what you can expect when you have your stomach cancer surgery at G & L Surgical in Singapore.
Before the gastric cancer surgery:
- You will undergo tests to ensure you are physically well for surgery.
- Give up or reduce smoking.
- Eat well to prepare for the operation.
During the gastric cancer surgery:
- The first step in your gastric cancer surgery procedure involves examining the stomach using a laparoscope
- A laparoscope is used to examine the stomach as a first step in your gastric cancer surgery procedure.
- Instruments to perform the surgery will be inserted through 3-4 small incisions
- A few small cuts and one larger cut are made.
- Your surgeon will advise you on the specific details of your stomach cancer surgery.
After your stomach cancer procedure:
- Do not eat or drink till 48 hours after surgery.
- You may be discharged within 10 to 14 days and rest for a few more days before resuming normal activities.
- Appointment with doctor to make sure you are healing well and for advice on your diet.
Look at your options for stomach cancer treatment based in Singapore today.
Schedule a consult with our doctor Dr Ganesh Ramalingam
The information provided on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. G & L Surgical makes no representation and assumes no responsibility if the information, contained on or available through this website, is taken without our specialists’ consult.