What is laparoscopic hernia repair in Singapore?
A leading surgical clinic, G & L Surgical provides advanced hernia repair surgeries in Singapore. Our surgeon does several hernia treatments in Singapore – these include open and laparoscopic hernia repair surgery example umbilical hernia repair, inguinal hernia repair and incisional hernia repairs
Hernia Repair is a type of surgical operation which addresses the correction of a hernia or opening in the abdominal wall. In open hernia repair, Dr Ganesh makes an incision above the hernia into your groin and pushes the protruding abdominal tissue back into your abdomen and suture the defect closed. This repairs the abdominal wall defect. In contrast, laparoscopic hernia repair surgery involves the surgeon making a few short incisions (usually or 0.5 cm to 1 cm) instead of a single long incision.
Why choose us for your Hernia Treatments in Singapore?
In this minimally invasive procedure, patients might experience less discomfort and scarring after hernia surgery and can engage in normal activities more quickly. Laparoscopic hernia repair surgery by Dr Ganesh at G & L Surgical in Singapore may be preferable if you want a shorter recovery time. It has proven to be highly effective with more than 90 per cent of hernias not coming back after a laparoscopic surgery.
Dr Ganesh at G & L Surgical are highly professional and experienced in his practice. Having had adequate experience in performing advanced laparoscopic hernia surgery for numerous patients for many years in Singapore. our surgeons are the cream of the crop.
Furthermore, the staff at G & L Surgical have been thoroughly and adequately trained to make your experience at G & L Surgical a comfortable and hassle-free one. Whether you intend to undergo our hernia treatments procedures or other medical services in Singapore, you can rest assured that you will be properly and sufficiently cared for by trained professionals.
What to expect?
If you intend to undergo our hernia procedures in Singapore, make sure you observe the following instructions.
Before your procedure
- Fasting is required 8 hours prior to your hernia surgery.
- You will be asked to empty your bladder immediately before the hernia treatment.
- Stop medications a week prior to the hernia repair operation.
- Refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol.
On the day of your procedure
- The hernia repair procedure involves placing a mesh over the abdominal defect to reinforce the abdominal wall.
- There will be 3 to 5 small cuts to complete the laparoscopic or keyhole procedure.
- Your surgeon will advise you on the specific details.
After your hernia repair procedure
- You will be discharged the next day.
- Most patients are able to return to normal activities after 3 to 7 days.
- The typical recovery after a laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair may involve mild to moderate incisional pain and mild groin discomfort. This may last from 2 to 14 days, but is almost always gone within 3 weeks after surgery.
- Follow up with your surgeon within 2 weeks post-surgery.
- While the recovery from a laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair is very fast, do allow yourself up to 3 weeks to feel completely normal again.
Organise a consultation with our surgeons for further assistance on hernia treatments in Singapore.
Schedule a consult with our doctor Dr Ganesh Ramalingam
The information provided on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. G & L Surgical makes no representation and assumes no responsibility if the information, contained on or available through this website, is taken without our specialists’ consult.