What are Haemorrhoids?
Many people in Singapore develop and suffer from piles or haemorrhoids. Haemorrhoids are commonly known as piles. Piles affect one in three people in Singapore. Piles are abnormally engorged and swollen blood vessels in the anus and lower rectum, causing discomfort, itchiness or pain. They can swell up with blood clots (thrombosed piles) causing severe pain and necessitating haemorrhoids treatment. The more dangerous complication of piles is bleeding – where the blood vessels rupture or move out of place.
Why is Haemorrhoids Treatment in Singapore Necessary?
Bleeding, pain and itch may affect a person’s lifestyle. Piles surgery to remove excessive tissue causing the bleeding and protrusion is called hemorrhoidectomy. Many people are too embarrassed to see the doctor until the pain and discomfort becomes unbearable, or when there is bleeding. This leads to serious implications on rectal health and it can become dangerous for a person’s health. These conditions can be cured at an early stage before it worsens. Thus, it is critical for patients to undergo piles removal surgery at their local clinic in Singapore at the early stages of development to prevent further rectal issues.
What to expect during piles removal surgery in Singapore?
Our experienced team of professionals at G & L Surgical have compiled a comprehensive guide about what patients can expect when they undergo haemorrhoids surgery at our clinic in Singapore. It is highly critical to be aware of the procedures so that you can make the necessary preparations.
Before your haemorrhoids surgery procedure at our clinic in Singapore
- Stop any prescription of aspirin or other blood thinning medications with a doctor’s advice.
- All regular medications will be stopped unless absolutely necessary under a doctor’s supervision.
- Do not eat or drink anything 8 hours before your surgery.
- You may need a colonoscopy to ensure there are no other problems with your colon before the piles surgery.
On the day of the procedure
- This procedure is usually a day surgery. However, you may decide to stay in the hospital for a day or two.
- There are many methods to treat the piles surgically.
- Your surgeon will advise you on the specific details.
After the procedure
- Resume your normal diet when you are fully awake from piles surgery.
- Increase your fibre intake and drink lots of water. Avoid foods that will cause constipation/diarrhoea.
Should you have any questions about our haemorrhoids treatment at our clinic, feel free to get in touch with the helpful team at G & L Surgical. A leading clinic in Singapore, we have top-notched surgeons and doctors who have had numerous years of experience. You can rely on us to provide top-tier medical services for piles removal.
If you need piles surgery in Singapore, G & L Surgical can provide options. Feel free to reach out should you have any inquiries.
Schedule a consult with our doctor Dr Ganesh Ramalingam
The information provided on this website is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. G & L Surgical makes no representation and assumes no responsibility if the information, contained on or available through this website, is taken without our specialists’ consult.